Thursday, March 18, 2010

Class #39 Cycling Thursday 5:30 p.m. (Martha)


I’ll admit that I went in to this class with the full intention of dogging it. You know, taking a Sunday ride, loafing, etc. That’s hard for me to do but I had it all justified in my mind because I’ve been a little sick. Plus, I thought it would be good to go against my grain and just take it easy. Couldn’t do it.

It’s not that I’m some workout animal or anything, truly I’m not – it’s just that it’s hard for me to ignore what the teacher is saying. When I’m told to raise the gear and pick up the pace, that’s what I do or try to anyway. I would have made a good (though skinny) pack mule.

This class was supposed to be taught by “lets make” Adiel but instead it was being subbed by Martha “the Master of” Diplaster. Okay, so her name’s Plaster and I’m reaching a bit – doing my Chris “he might go all the way” Berman imitation.


It was a fine class and all power to Miss Martha for getting me to ignore my promise to loaf. She ran us through a series of exercises that kept enticing me to just work a little bit harder…next thing you know I was a sweaty mess and begging for the end of class. This is how good teachers work you over – they just keep that carrot barely out of reach.

My average pulse for the class was 130 which is about standard for me and I felt pretty good afterward - that is, no lingering effect from my cold or whatever it was. I think I’ve recovered. No more “good” reason to loaf but I’m still gonna try it soon to see how it is!

Whoops – I forgot to do the drawing before leaving for home so I’ll have to edit this tomorrow and announce the gift certificate winner then. That’ll keep you on the edge of your seats.

Next up – I think I’ll go to a Pilates class in the morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment